Putting things in proper prospective. You have heard this from some parent, elder or wise person in your life and I think it is very true. I have also heard that things are never as bad as they seem and transversely never as good as they appear. While I do agree with this thought I also know that how we measure success, the good times, etc. is not always accurate.
Here are the key things that drive my happiness:
1) Spouse - happy home. The old saying "Happy Wife... Happy Life" is true but goes way deeper. If you have ever followed anything I have written you know how I feel about my wife and the work required to have a great marriage.
2) Children - Are they healthy physically and spiritually? Are they fulfilling their dreams and in my case did they find good mates? Praise the Lord mine children have!!
3) Family of Choice - no greater happiness than knowing you have great friends to stand with you thru thick & thin! A true friend is a precious possession!
4) Health - bottom line if you don't have your health you don't have anything! We are dealing with parents now that are struggling with their health and it puts a burden on everyone including their last years going from crisis to crisis instead of enjoying their children, grand children and great grand children.
5) Financial Success - Yep this one is at the bottom of the list. Money does not buy happiness, but it does reduce stress, create security for the future, allow you to bless other people, help the poor, and most importantly advance the Kingdom of God. Please know I have had money and not had money and I way prefer to have it!!
Bottom line is what is important?
. Every day I get up I say Thank you Lord for this day and my breath, I thank him for my amazing family, awesome friends, and the privledge of living in America and the opportunity to gain wealth. I thank him for my health, which I am continually working on, and for my salvation! I could go on... I think you get my point. We are blessed in so many ways. Write them down and thank our creator for his hand in your life! Choose to be happy!!
PS. We will talk about the struggles of life in another pos