Heartland of America
I just spent the last few days in the heartland of rural America. I have to tell you it was very refreshing! Here are some little things that I noticed that are big things in life.
Here is the list..
1) People were extremely friendly and seem generally interested in you. I travel to so may places around the country and people won't even look at your let alone speak.
2) People actually knew each other and I mean like generations of knowing each other. One person said the 8th generation had just been born who will take over the family land & legacy some day. It was so cool to see people interacting beyond just their families with concern and detail about their lives, kids, etc.
3) They didn't just show up on time they showed up early! Please keep in mind some of these people drove for 2 hrs to make the meeting. So refreshing to start a meeting on time with no stragglers.
4) Everyones guard seemed down! I guess it was that most people knew each other but is was obvious. No agenda just generally interested in what we had to say!
5) The pace was slower! Obvious but here is what I mean.. People where not sitting around looking at their phones, checking email, tweeting, instagraming, or on facebook. They all had phones and could have, but they were not consumed by it.
So here are my big take aways from the trip.
1) Focus on the main thing. God, family & friends it will bring you happiness.
2) Without your health you don't have anything no matter where you live.
3) Slow down and smell the roses! Life is happening so what are you making of it? Stuck chasing empty dreams or truly making a difference.
4) Success comes in many different shapes. Money does not buy happiness so figure out what success means to you and go get it!!